Sunday 21 May 2017

Vile, Awful 'It'

Today on twitter 3 tories decided to call me 'thicko', 'vile', 'awful', and 'it'.

Why?

I pointed out that I'm disabled, in poverty, a parent, that welface cuts cause poverty, and that it is not 'mismanagement' when you get pregnant before you know you're going to be made reduntant or end up on long term sick. I would rather work. I would rather have money to buy my daughter a birthday present, any burthday present, than get to the point where I have £13 in my bank account and four weeks of bills before I get paid. I would love to have the independence and future I had when I qualified under labour with a first class degree and a professiobal job. I would love not to worry all the time. I didn't choose or cause my situation. But sure, I'm the vile, awful, thicko of an 'it'.

This is how Tory policies of dehumanising the poor, sick, elderly, and impoverished translates to their supportors. It's ok to say this stuff, and to turn people into 'its' rather than people. How do they think this affect someone with a mental illness? If I told them, they'd probably say I was 'manipulative' or 'whinging'. Are these sorts of people really the ones we want to listen to?

For goodness sake, vote Labour.


Carmine Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments polite and refrain from personal attacks. Comments encouraging hatred and intolerance will be deleted.